Eating disorders revolve around abnormal eating habits and can include some physical changes. There are a few different types of eating disorders that involve several different symptoms, because of that there can be specific types of treatments for each. Managing an eating disorder can be a long road. You might have to continuously work to help keep this under control, but recovery is possible with the right treatment options.
Most of the common treatments for an eating disorder include psychological therapy, nutrition education, and medication.
- Can last from a few months to years
- Help to normalize your eating patterns
- Monitor your eating habits
- Create healthy ways to cope
- Work towards a healthy weight
- Meal planning
- Create regular eating patterns
- Take steps to avoid dieting
- Antidepressants can be used in conjunction with therapy
- They can help to reduce symptoms of depression that commonly occur with eating disorders
There are a few other treatment programs that could work to help get your eating disorder under control. There are hospital programs that you would be able to check into to get the onsite and continuous treatment that would work best for you. Speak with your doctor or another trusted medical professional about setting up a treatment plan to identify what your needs are and how you can best tackle your treatment.
Please reach out to a professional if you think you or a loved one is having trouble with their eating habits. Taking an active role in your treatment plan can help you get on the right path to recovery.