How do you know which treatment path is the right one for you? Inpatient or outpatient? There are several differences between them and several different circumstances that might warrant one over the other for your particular treatment needs.
Depending on what type of addiction you will be treating will help in the determination of which type of rehab treatment will be the best for you.
- Patient is treated/checked into a facility
- Detox is assisted
- Therapy and support
- Mostly recommended for severe cases of addiction
- These programs tend to take anywhere between 30 days and 6 months
- Patients are treated by appointments
- Detox is offsite
- Mostly recommended for recovering addicts where the addiction is mild
- These programs tend to take anywhere between 1-3 months
There are of course other factors that need to be considered when deciding what type of rehab therapy you would best benefit from. If you are experiencing addiction and would like to seek help, please reach out to a medical professional. There are people who are trained and willing to help you to seek a safe and healthy treatment.